William Harvey House

NW of Chadds Ford on Brinton's Bridge Rd. off U.S. 1, Pennsbury Township, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania

Photos 

NORTH SIDE, ENTRANCE

Photo taken for the Historic American Buildings Survey

Map 

Description 

This is an early (circa 1715 with additions) stone bank house typical of the period. -- Historic American Buildings Survey

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 27, 1971
Reference number
71000690
NR name
Harvey, William, House
Areas of significance
Military; Architecture
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Single dwelling
Period of significance
1700-1749
Significant year
ca. 1720

Update Log 

  • July 7, 2012: Imported photos from HABS/HAER

Sources