Rodriguez-Avero-Sanchez House

52 St. George St., St. Augustine, Florida

Photos 

Photo taken by John Reidy

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The northeast room of this house was built about 1761 and was occupied by Fernando Rodriguez at that time. By 1803 the remainder of the first floor had been constructed by Juan Sanchez who owned the property after 1791. The wood frame second story portion was added c. 1830 by persons now unknown. In 1876 the house was deeded to Isaac Watkins and in 1883 was purchased by Mildred C. Watkins who occupied it until her death in 1926. -- Historic American Buildings Survey

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 16, 1971
Reference number
71001015
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Museum
Periods of significance
1800-1824; 1750-1799
Significant years
1761; 1796; 1823

Update Log 

  • August 9, 2017: New Street View added by Michael Miller
  • September 5, 2010: New photos from John Reidy

Related landmarks 

Sources