This early Victorian two-story red brick house is located at 1015 Tennessee Street.
"The Col. James Blood House in Lawrence, built about 1870 is a good example of the emerging Victorian influence on Kansas architecture. It is a two-story residence supported by a sturdy limestone and mortar foundation. All exterior walls and several interior walls are solid red clay brick laid up 12 inches thick. The major windows on the first floor measure 32 inches by 108 inches and have what are thought to be the original glass and shutters. The simple rectangular window openings of the second floor are covered by classical lintels. The front portion of the first floor, which is a living room, is covered on three sides by a highly ornate porch complete with paired columns on common pedestals. It is believed the porch was part of the original design. The roof is of two types. The major part of the house has a hip roof with a slight slope on which sheet tin is used for the roofing material. The rear part, which houses the kitchen, has a gable roof of cedar shingles. The eaves overhang approximately two feet, and there are paired brackets every five feet. The exterior is believed to be basically unchanged from the time of Colonel Blood's residence."