Ladies' Literary Club Building

Also known as: William M. Davis House
218 N. Washington St., Ypsilanti, Michigan

Map 

Description 

A Michigan Historical Marker here reads: Ladies Literary Club

This house, built prior to 1842 by Arden Ballard, has been recognized by the Historic Building Survey as a model of Greek Revival architecture. The house was purchased by the Ladies Library Club in 1913.

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 16, 1972
Reference number
72000666
Architectural style
Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Civic
Period of significance
1825-1849
Significant year
ca. 1844

Sources