The Kyle House is an elegant town house of Italianate and Greek Revival style. James Kyle, a prosperous Scottish merchant, built the house in about 1855. It has 18 inch walls filled with sand and handmade brick, a precaution taken after the Great Fire of 1831 burned over 600 buildings in the downtown area. It features a "builder's button," signifying that the house was paid for when completed.
Information source: visitfayettevillenc.com
Photo taken by John Reidy in September 2008