Wilbur F. Davidson House

1707 Military St., Port Huron, Michigan

Photo 

May 2009

Photo taken by Rattrak

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

A Michigan Historical Marker here reads: Davidson House

This excellent Queen Anne Style house, completed in 1890 was the residence of Wilbur F. Davidson until his death in 1913. Born in Adrian in 1852, Davidson opened a Port Huron dry goods store in 1882. The next year he installed in the store the first electric light plant in St. Clair County. Much of the rest of his business career was with public and private electrical utilities. Davidson's daughter lived in the family home until 1951. In 1972 the building was entered on the National Register of Historic Places.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 5, 1972
Reference number
72001306
NR name
Davidson, Wilbur F., House
Architectural style
Victorian: Queen Anne
Areas of significance
Engineering; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction; B - Person
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Single dwelling
Period of significance
1875-1899
Significant year
1890

Update Log 

  • October 7, 2012: New photo from Rattrak
  • October 2, 2012: New Street View added by Rattrak

Sources