Humphrey-Williams House

W of Lumberton on NC 211, Lumberton, North Carolina

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The main house, on a 9-acre (3.6 ha) property, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973, as Humphrey-Williams House. The larger plantation, including 5 contributing buildings and 1 additional contributing site on a 566.6-acre (229.3 ha) property, was re-listed in a boundary increase listing in 1988.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 24, 1973
Reference number
73001367
Architectural style
Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Secondary structure; Single dwelling
Current functions
Secondary structure; Single dwelling
Periods of significance
1825-1849; 1850-1874
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 4

Update Log 

  • June 17, 2015: Updated by Michael Miller: Added "GPS Coordinates", "Street View" & "Description"

Related landmarks 

Sources