Henry House

SE of Binfield on Henry Lane, Binfield, Tennessee

Map 

Description 

Farmhouse on the farm founded by Samuel Henry, Revolutionary War quartermaster who arrived in Blount County as early as 1792, built a fort called Henry’s Station, and established a farm on his land grant. The substantial farmhouse was built in 1833 by Samuel's son James and his wife, Narcissa Howard, reportedly using brick made by slaves from red clay excavated on the farm property.[7]

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 1, 1974
Reference number
74001901
Architectural style
Federal
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Single dwelling
Period of significance
1825-1849
Significant years
1833; 1834; 1835
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 1

Tags 

19th Century (36,897)
Binfield, Tennessee (1)
Blount County, Tennessee (103)
Brick (42,460)
Buck Lattimore (1)
Built 1833 (144)
Built during 1830s (2,676)
Federal (4,581)
House (27,069)
James Henry (2)
Private owner (54,396)
Tennessee (2,829)

Sources