"The Mary Worthington Macomb House is a historic residence in southern Chillicothe, Ohio, United States. Located on South Paint Street, the house sits on the banks of Paint Creek. One of the oldest buildings still in existence in Chillicothe, the Macomb House sits on a land tract of 35 acres (14 ha) that was originally owned by Nathaniel Massie. A later owner started to build the present house in 1813, and it was completed two years later. In the same year, former U.S. Senator and future Governor Thomas Worthington purchased the property.
"The oldest of Governor Worthington's daughters was Mary, who was born in 1797. Although Mary and her family lived in the grand Adena Mansion on Chillicothe's northern side, she chose to marry lower in society circa 1816. Her new husband, David Macomb, was a member of a prominent local family, but his poor management of their property forced them into debt, and they settled in the southern United States, where Mary died while moving to Texas in 1836. Before moving southward, the Macombs resided in the present twostory house, which is built primarily of large blocks of sandstone."