William R. Griffith House

Also known as: Cathedral House, Cathedral House of St. Stephen`s Episcopal C
215 N. Front St., Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Classic Greek Revival-styled residential structure was acquired by St. Stephen's in 1918 for use as the home of the Church's Dean.

Photos 

Photo taken by Jodi Christman in April 21, 2013

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 21, 1976
Reference number
76001631
NR name
Griffith, William R., House
Architectural style
Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Church school
Period of significance
1825-1849
Significant years
1840; 1843; 1950

Update Log 

  • May 26, 2013: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added overview
  • May 25, 2013: New photo from Jodi Christman

Sources