Edwin Reese House

Also known as: Reese-Phillips House
244 Wilson Ave., Eutaw, Alabama

A historic Greek Revival style house in Eutaw, Alabama.

Map 

Description 

The Edwin Reese House, also known as the Reese-Phillips House, is a historic Greek Revival style house in Eutaw, Alabama. The house is a two-story wood framed building on a raised brick foundation, four monumental Ionic columns span the front portico. It was built from 1856 to 1859 by Edwin Reese. The house was recorded by the Historic American Buildings Survey in 1936. It was listed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage on October 17, 1980. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places as a part of the Antebellum Homes in Eutaw TR multiple property submission on April 02, 1982, due to its architectural significance.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 2, 1982
Reference number
82002028
NR name
Reese, Edwin, House
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Single dwelling
Period of significance
1850-1874
Significant year
ca. 1850

Update Log 

  • May 25, 2011: Updated by WillyT: Added description

Sources