William G. Mann House

346 Maple Ave., Waukesha, Wisconsin

Asymmetrically composed, 1897 Queen Anne style house

Photos 

Overview Looking Northwest

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in April 2016

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

The Mann House was built on the site of the Marse House Hotel. (It burned in 1896.) William G. Mann was a photographer, his father in law was the owner of the Morse House. In 1927, Mann's heirs sold the house to the Waukesha Women's Club and some interior modificatiosn were made to accomodate the club. The house remained their headquarters, at least until 1982 when the house was placed on the NRHP. The house was nominated for its connection to the WWC.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 28, 1983
Reference number
83004349
NR name
Mann, William G., House
Architectural style
Victorian: Queen Anne
Areas of significance
Architecture; Social History
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Civic
Periods of significance
1875-1899; 1925-1949
Significant years
1897; 1927

Update Log 

  • April 22, 2016: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated status and added photos

Sources