Cotton- Ropkey House
Construction on this home was started by John Cotton, in 1848. It remained in the Cotton family until 1937, when the Ropkey family bought it. The Ropkeys sold the land to a developer in 2004. Unfortunately, the developer had other plans for the property and wanted to raze the home. He was persuaded to offer the home to anyone who would move it elsewhere. It has been for sale for two years (as of March 2011) and there have been no takers.
Photo taken by Jack Finney March 2011