Blackstone House and Martinsville Telephone Company Building

Also known as: Cure and Hensley Mortuary, 109-386-64156
127 S. Main St., Martinsville, Indiana

Photo 

Photo taken by Jack Finney

Map 

Street View 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 2, 1997
Reference number
96001540
Architectural styles
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Late Gothic Revival; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Tudor Revival; Other architectural type; central passage
Areas of significance
Commerce; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Single dwelling; Mortuary
Current function
Mortuary
Periods of significance
1850-1874; 1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949
Significant years
1860; 1925; 1927

Update Log 

  • June 22, 2012: New Street View added by wdzinc
  • November 28, 2010: New photo from Jack Finney

Sources