Wilson Log House

Also known as: Wilson, Jerry, Log House
off 106/ Dillard Rd, turn on Turtle Pond rd, turn on Hickory Nut Rd, travel approx 3/4 mi

Photos 

front of house

Photo taken by pam phillips in October 2015

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

It was built c. 1882 by Jeremiah Wilson, and is one of a small number of period log buildings to survive in the county. The house remained in the Wilson family until the 1950s. It measures about 18' by 20', and is constructed from logs with dovetail joins, and red mud chinking. Its interior consists of a single large chamber, with a stair rising on one side to a loft area under the gable roof. At some point a frame addition was added to the rear of the house, but that has since been removed

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 20, 1998
Reference number
98000545
Architectural style
Other architectural type; single-pen log cabin
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Period of significance
1875-1899
Significant year
ca. 1882

Sources