Also known as: Waite House, Jackson HouseUS 84, 1.4 mi. W of US 43, Grove Hill, Alabama
A historic house near Grove Hill, Alabama.
+31.70897, -87.8020131°42'32" N, 87°48'07" W
The Cobb House is a historic house near Grove Hill, Alabama. The two-story I-house was built in 1865. It was added to the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage on January 29, 1980 and to the National Register of Historic Places on July 28, 1999.
It was listed due to its architectural significance as a part of the Clarke County Multiple Property Submission.
National Register information
- Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 28, 1999
- Reference number
- Architectural style
- Other architectural type; I-house
- Area of significance
- Level of significance
- Evaluation criteria
- C - Design/Construction
- Property type
- Historic function
- Single dwelling
- Period of significance
- Significant year
- Number of properties
- Contributing buildings: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 2
- March 6, 2020: New Street View added by Michael Miller
- May 24, 2011: Updated by WillyT: Added Description