Gates Farm Covered Bridge

Also known as: Little Bridge
Off VT 15, over Seymour River, Cambridge, Vermont

Photo 

Photo taken by Jim Allen in May 2018

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The original bridge, built in 1897, was rebuilt in 1995. World Guide # VT-08-04#2

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 19, 1974
Reference number
74000223
Architectural style
Other architectural type; Timber Burr arch truss
Areas of significance
Engineering; Transportation
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Structure
Historic function
Road-related
Current function
Road-related
Period of significance
1875-1899
Significant year
1897

Update Log 

  • June 15, 2018: Updated by Jim Allen: added description
  • June 13, 2018: New photo from Jim Allen
  • January 6, 2012: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources