Pugh's Mill Covered Bridge

For more details on this bridge, please
visit our companion Bridgehunter.com website
Also known as: Black Covered Bridge
1 mi. N of Oxford off SR 732, Oxford, Ohio

Covered bridge over Four Mile Creek on Corso Road, north of Oxford

Photos 

Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger

Enlarge

Map 

Street Views 

Description 

The bridge was built in 1868 as a one span Long truss. Then in 1896 it was modified to 2 spans and changed some of the panels to a Childs truss.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 5, 1975
Reference number
75001336
Architectural style
Other architectural type; Two-Span Wooden Truss
Area of significance
Engineering
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Structure
Historic functions
Road-related; Pedestrian related
Period of significance
1850-1874
Significant year
ca. 1869

Tags 

19th Century (36,425)
Bridge (2,570)
Built during 1860s (3,616)
Butler County, Ohio (100)
Have Street View (36,050)
Ohio (5,072)
Owned by local government (11,501)
Oxford, Ohio (16)
Stone (26,162)

Update Log 

  • August 6, 2017: New photo from Bill Eichelberger
  • October 14, 2016: New photos from Bill Eichelberger
  • August 18, 2016: New Street View added by Andrew Wood
  • August 14, 2012: Updated by Jim Allen: Added description
  • July 14, 2010: New photos from Bill Eichelberger

Sources