Scott Brownlee Covered Bridge

Also known as: Stout Covered Bridge
McGuffey Park, west of Claysville

Photos 

Photo taken by Jim Allen in May 2015

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

At its old location it carried T414 over Templeton Fork, off PA-231 in East Finley (40.043837, -80.397592). In 2008 it was moved to McGuffey Community Park, just west of Claysville, and now crosses the Dutch Fork of Buffalo Creek. World Guide #PA/38-63-09

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 22, 1979
Reference number
79002360
NR name
Brownlee, Scott, Covered Bridge
Architectural style
Other architectural type; Kingpost truss
Area of significance
Transportation
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Structure
Historic function
Road-related
Current function
Road-related
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1925-1949

Update Log 

  • August 13, 2016: New photos from Bill Eichelberger
  • September 23, 2015: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
  • June 1, 2015: Updated by Jim Allen: Updated location & added description

Sources