The Atlanta Biltmore Hotel and Biltmore Apartments, located at 817 West Peachtree Street in Atlanta, Georgia, were developed by William Candler, son of Coca Cola executive Asa Candler, with Holland Ball Judkins, and John McEntee Bowman. Opening on April 19, 1924, the 11-story hotel and 10-story apartment buildings were located somewhat away from downtown Atlanta, in an area that became known as Midtown. Designed by the New York firm of Schultze and Weaver, the hotel was operated by Bowman-Biltmore Hotels.
It is easily distinguished by the towering radio masts on each end of the building, with vertical illuminated letters that spell out "BILTMORE". The top floor and radio masts broadcast WSB-AM from 1925 until 1956.
Photo taken by Jeff Clemmons
View this photo at commons.wikimedia.org