Commercial Hotel

No longer exists
Also known as: General Pershing Hotel
Long and Brady Aves., Dubois, PA

Photos 

Commercial Hotel Dubois PA 1910

Wikipedia

View this photo at en.wikipedia.org

Map 

Description 

Commercial Hotel, also known as the General Pershing Hotel, was a historic hotel and theater complex located in DuBois, PA. The four story brick structure opened as a two-story hotel with 58 rooms in 1889. It was enlarged to four stories and 100 rooms with an expansion in 1901. The 700 seat Harris-DuBois Theater, later the DuBois Playhouse, opened in 1937. The building has been demolished.

It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 13, 1985.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 13, 1985
Reference number
85003507
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic function
Hotel
Current function
Hotel
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899
Significant years
1889; 1901

Update Log 

  • April 20, 2018: Updated by Brian Manville: Updated status

Sources