Berkeley Women's City Club

Also known as: Berkeley City Club
2315 Durant Ave., Berkeley, California

Map 

Street View 

Description 

"BERKELEY CITY CLUB - The Berkeley City Club was organized by women in 1927, to contribute to social, civic, and cultural progress. The building, constructed in 1929, is one of the outstanding works of noted California architect Julia Morgan, whose interpretation of Moorish and Gothic elements created a landmark of California design." - California Historic Landmark No.908

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 28, 1977
Reference number
77000282
Architectural styles
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Late Gothic Revival; Other architectural type; Bay Area Style
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Civic; Multiple dwelling
Current functions
Civic; Multiple dwelling
Period of significance
1925-1949
Significant year
1929

Update Log 

  • March 31, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: Added historical information
  • January 3, 2017: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources