Phoenix Hall--Wisconsin Institute for the Education of the Deaf and Dumb

Also known as: Wisconsin School for the Deal and Educational Service Center
309 W. Walworth St., Delavan, Wisconsin

Photos 

Welcome Sign

The Wisconsin School for the Deaf (as it is called now) has been serving the hearing impared since 1839.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 19, 1987
Reference number
87000492
Architectural style
Victorian: Italianate
Area of significance
Education
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic function
Educational related housing
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1925-1949
Significant years
1880; 1881; 1937

Update Log 

  • July 30, 2010: New photos from J.R. Manning

Sources