File:SE 9 1907.tiff
Boundary stone SE 9 marking the borders of the District of Columbia. This is one of 40 original stones, the one furthest south in the current district. In 1907 it was essentially IN the Potomac River. Today it is located some distance NE of its original location to save it from being lost to the Potomac River.
Woodward, Fred E.: "A Ramble Along the Boundary Stones of the District of Columbia With a Camera," Records of the Columbia Historical Society, Vol. 10, pp. 63-87 (1907).
View this photo at en.wikipedia.org