Henry House

Also known as: Weed Mill Boarding House, Village Mane Salon
1749 Riverside Dr., Suamico, Wisconsin

A boarding house, moved to Vickery Village, Now a salon

Photos 

Overview Looking Northwest

Photo taken by J.R. Manning June 2019

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

The Henry House is a simple side-gabled boarding house built by the Weed Brothers around 1869 during the lumbering days of the late 19th Century. It survived the 1871 Peshtigo Fire. The house seems to be the only survivor of the era. As the lumber boom died down, the house became a farmer's residence, which it remained until the 1970s.

In 1972, the house was purchased by the Henry Family that moved it to its current location with other historic structures, called Vickery Village.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 31, 1980
Reference number
80000108
Areas of significance
Industry; Exploration/Settlement; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Manufacturing facility; Specialty store
Current function
Business
Period of significance
1850-1874
Significant year
ca. 1869

Update Log 

  • June 19, 2019: New photos from J.R. Manning
  • June 19, 2019: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated status, added description and added photos

Sources