Also known as: Old Cross Creek Cemetery Jct. of N. Cool Spring and Grove St., Fayetteville, North Carolina
The oldest public cemetery in Fayetteville, containing over 1,100 grave markers in the burial ground of many of the early settlers and locally significant persons in Fayetteville's history. This cemetery contains graves of veteran from he Revolutionary War all the way through the Spanish-American War. The first Confederate Monument in North Carolina stands in the military area within the grounds, erected in 1868. The money to build the monument was raised by local women that sold shares to make a quilt. The quilt was sold for $300, enough to create the monument. The quilt was eventually given to Confederate President Jefferson Davis.