Old Fort Brady

Bounded by the C.O.E. Service Plaza on the N, Portage St. on the S, Brady St. on the E, and Bingham St. on the W, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan

Photos 

Photo taken by Jim Allen in June 2019

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

This is the site of old Fort Brady built in 1822. It operated until new Fort Brady was built in 1892. None of the buildings or structures remain. The Federal Building (now the City Hall) was built on part of the land.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 11, 1971
Reference number
71000387
Area of significance
Military
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Site
Historic function
Fortification
Current functions
Park; Post office
Period of significance
1800-1824
Significant year
1822

Update Log 

  • July 3, 2019: New photos from Jim Allen

Related landmarks 

Sources