Lohman's Landing Building

Also known as: Jefferson Landing Building
W corner of Jefferson and Water Sts., Jefferson City, Missouri

Photos 

NORTH FRONT

Photo taken for the Historic American Buildings Survey

Map 

Description 

Located on the Missouri River in the shadow of the Capitol. First section built 1834 for Richard Shackleford. Other two sections built after 1836 by next owner, Harry Colgan. Building served as warehouse, inn, store, office for wharfmaster. Became known as Lohman's Landing after it was acquired by Charles F. Lohman in 1852. -- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS MO-1194)

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 25, 1969
Reference number
69000094
Areas of significance
Commerce; Transportation
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Restaurant; Warehouse; Business
Periods of significance
1850-1874; 1825-1849
Significant year
ca. 1834

Update Log 

  • May 19, 2012: Imported photos from HABS/HAER

Sources