Haslett Warehouse

Also known as: California Fruit Canner's Association
680 Beach Street, San Francisco, CA

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Haslett Warehouse was designed by architect, William S. Mooser, Jr. for the California Fruit Canner's Association. It was built in 1907 and until 1936, when the Canner's moved their operation to the East Bay; peaches, asparagus, peas, cherries, tomatoes and apricots were brought to San Francisco by riverboat and ferry from the Central Valley.

San Francisco Designated Landmark No.59

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 28, 1975
Reference number
75000172
Areas of significance
Industry; Community Planning and Development; Commerce; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Warehouse
Current functions
Business; Government office
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant years
1907; 1909

Update Log 

  • April 20, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: Added historical information
  • April 20, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: Added historical information
  • January 24, 2017: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources