Durant-Dort Carriage Company Office

Also known as: Arrowhead Veterans Club
315 W. Water St., Flint, Michigan

Map 

Street View 

Description 

From 1895 to 1913, this site served as focal point for William C. Durant's promotional activities in both the carriage and automobile business. The Durant-Dort Company played a significant role in financing not only Buick but also General Motors, which he had founded in 1908. His contributions, such as the concept of a large company manufacturing several makes of automobiles, greatly influenced the automobile industry. -- National Historic Landmark statement of significance, June 2, 1978

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 2, 1975
Reference number
75000943
Areas of significance
Industry; Transportation
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
B - Person
Property type
Building
Historic function
Professional
Current function
Clubhouse
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899
Significant years
1895; 1913

Update Log 

  • November 16, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth