Dixie Coca-Cola Bottling Company Plant

Also known as: Baptist Student Center,Georgia State University
125 Edgewood Ave., Atlanta, Georgia

Map 

Street View 

Description 

This small brick building served, in 1900-01, as the headquarters of what has become the Coca-Cola Bottling Company. This was where Benjamin Franklin Thomas and Joseph Brown Whitehead first bottled Coca-Cola for distribution throughout the South, and where they began franchising the right to bottle Coca-Cola throughout the nation. -- National Historic Landmark statement of significance, May 4, 1983

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 20, 1977
Reference number
77000428
Area of significance
Industry
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic function
Business
Current function
Organizational
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant years
1900; 1903

Update Log 

  • July 28, 2017: New Street View added by Michael Miller

Sources