George Harper Store

Also known as: William Meddlers Store, Still Pond Store
MD 292 and Main St., Still Pond, Maryland

Photos 

SOUTH ELEVATION FRONTING ON ROUTE 292

Photo taken for the Historic American Buildings Survey

Map 

Description 

The original structure was intended to be a dry goods store and had remained so until 1964 when it became an antique shop. Considerable alterations and additions have created an irregular plan and roof shape. -- Historic American Buildings Survey

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 9, 1982
Reference number
82002816
NR name
Harper, George, Store
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction; B - Person
Property type
Building
Historic function
Department store
Period of significance
1875-1899
Significant year
1877
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 2

Update Log 

  • June 2, 2012: Imported photos from HABS/HAER

Sources