Pokrandt Blacksmith Shop

Also known as: Pokrandt Alignment and Spring Service (Now Closed)
128 E. St. Paul Ave., Waukesha, Wisconsin

Free standing, two story structure with fašade clad with Lannon stone.

Photos 

Overview Looking Northwest

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in April 2016

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

The Lannon stone and rubble stone structure was constructed near the downtown area of Waukesha, not far from the railroad depot. It survived as a blacksmith shop into the 20th Century, then made the switch to service automobiles. The Pokrandt operation closed some years ago. The building has been restored and converted to modern commercial space.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 28, 1983
Reference number
83004351
Area of significance
Industry
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic function
Specialty store
Current function
Specialty store
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1925-1949
Significant years
1892; 1896

Update Log 

  • April 14, 2016: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated status, added description and added photos

Sources