Kuehn Blacksmith Shop-Hardware Store

Under construction
148-152 E. 2nd St., Kaukauna, Wisconsin

Retail commercial space in Kaukauna in search of a tenant

Photos 

Overview Looking Northwest

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in May 2015

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

"Most of the [Kaukauna commercial] buildings were constructed by owners or local contractors. Commercial buildings often displayed the names of these owners as well as the dates of construction.

"Julius Kuehn, the City's first blacksmith, erected his shop at 148-152 E. Second Street in 1889."

~ From the "National Register of Historic Places Nomination Inventory" dated February 1984.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 29, 1984
Reference number
84003761
Architectural styles
Other architectural type; Victorian: Romanesque; Romanesque Revival
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Specialty store
Current function
Specialty store
Period of significance
1875-1899
Significant year
1889

Update Log 

  • May 9, 2015: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status, Added Description and Added Photos

Sources