Quanah Commercial Historic District

Roughly bounded by Green, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, King, Elbert, and McClelland Sts., and Burlington Northern RR tr, Quanah, Texas

Map 

Street View 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 25, 2000
Reference number
00000475
Architectural styles
Victorian: Romanesque; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Beaux Arts; et.al.
Areas of significance
Politics/Government; Commerce
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
District
Historic functions
Business; Courthouse; Religious structure; Storage; Rail-related; Single dwelling; Department store
Current functions
Business; Courthouse; Religious structure; Storage; Rail-related; Single dwelling; Department store
Periods of significance
1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949; 1950-1974
Significant years
1893; 1906; 1907
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 68
Contributing structures: 3
Non-contributing buildings: 30

Update Log 

  • December 21, 2014: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources