Grand Mound Town Hall and Waterworks Historic District

Also known as: Hose house, Pump house
613-615 Clinton St., Grand Mound, Iowa

Photos 

Overview

From left to right, pumping station, fire house and town hall, water tower.

Grand Mound is located on the original Lincoln Highway. The town, and the highway, have long since been bypassed by modern US 30, the modern replacement for the Lincoln Highway.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on August 30, 2001
Reference number
01000910
Areas of significance
Politics/Government; Social History
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
District
Historic functions
City hall; Public works; Fire station; Meeting hall
Current function
Public works
Periods of significance
1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949; 1950-1974
Significant years
1892; 1915
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 2
Contributing structures: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 1

Update Log 

  • October 29, 2011: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added to Water Tower Category

Sources