Patterson Park--Highlandtown Historic District

Roughly bounded by Patterson Park Ave., E. Fayettte St., and Pulaski Hwy, Grundy St., Easter Ave., Patterson Park, Baltimore, Maryland

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 27, 2002
Reference number
02001623
Architectural styles
Victorian; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival
Areas of significance
Social History; Community Planning and Development; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Single dwelling; Business; Clubhouse; Theater; Government office; School; Cemetery
Current functions
Single dwelling; Business; Meeting hall; Government office; Road-related; School; Religious structure
Periods of significance
1850-1874; 1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949; 1950-1974
Significant years
1867; 1918
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 5208
Contributing objects: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 31
Non-contributing sites: 15

Tags 

19th Century (36,350)
Baltimore, Maryland (286)
Brick (42,457)
Built 1867 (355)
Built during 1860s (3,608)
District (10,142)
Edward J. Gallagher (1)
Granite (5,090)
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival (16,281)
Maryland (1,765)
Terra cotta (3,922)
Victorian (19,690)

Sources