Drover Town Historic District

Also known as: 069-288-27000
Roughly bounded by the Little R, S. LaFontaine St., Olinger and Elm Sts., Ogan and Salamonie Ave. and Whitelock St., Huntington, Indiana

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 20, 2006
Reference number
06000852
Architectural styles
Federal; Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival
Areas of significance
Architecture; Community Planning and Development
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Single dwelling; Secondary structure; Department store; School; Religious structure
Current functions
Single dwelling; Secondary structure; Specialty store; Restaurant; Religious structure; Monument/marker
Periods of significance
1850-1874; 1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949
Significant year
1874
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 231
Contributing structures: 2
Contributing objects: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 26

Tags 

19th Century (37,818)
Brick (42,462)
Built 1874 (416)
Built during 1870s (5,020)
District (10,509)
Exotic Revival (7,381)
Federal (4,600)
Huntington County, Indiana (19)
Huntington, Indiana (18)
Indiana (2,140)
Mid 19th Century Revival (7,958)
Stone (26,160)

Sources