Sedamsville River Road Historic District

Also known as: Sedamsville
2449-2734 River Rd., 309-317 Mt. Hope and 604 Mt. Echo, Cincinnati, Ohio

Photos 

Our Lady of Perpetual Help

Photo taken by Andrew Wood in September 2014

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

Sedamsville was founded by Colonel Cornelius Sedam in 1795. Sedamsville was nearly wiped out after a flood in 1937 and the widening of River Road in the 1940's which saw many of towns buildings demolished.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 10, 2008
Reference number
08000975
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Late Gothic Revival; Second Empire
Areas of significance
Architecture; Ethnic Heritage - European
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Single dwelling; Multiple dwelling; Religious structure
Current functions
Single dwelling; Multiple dwelling
Periods of significance
1850-1874; 1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949
Significant year
1937
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 49
Non-contributing buildings: 6

Update Log 

  • September 29, 2014: Updated by Andrew Wood: Added short summary, also added coordinates

Sources