Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station

123 Huntington St., New Haven, Connecticut

Map 

Street View 

Description 

In 1882, this became the permanent home of the first State agricultural experiment station (1875). Established largely because of the efforts of Professor Samuel W. Johnson, the station has consistently contributed to American agricultural development. -- National Historic Landmark statement of significance, July 19, 1964

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 1966
Reference number
66000805
Areas of significance
Science; Agriculture
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
District
Historic function
Research facility
Current function
Research facility
Period of significance
1875-1899
Significant year
1882
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 2
Non-contributing buildings: 4

Update Log 

  • November 2, 2017: New Street View added by Brian Bartlett

Sources