Tomlinson Inn and the Little Meadows

Also known as: The Stone House, Braddock's Fourth Camp
3 mi. E of Grantsville on U.S. 40, Grantsville, Maryland

One of the first inns along the National Road.

Photos 

Tomlinson Inn

Built c1818

Photo taken by Jim Allen in May 2015

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 20, 1973
Reference number
73000920
Areas of significance
Military; Transportation
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
District
Historic functions
Hotel; Camp
Current functions
Underwater; Single dwelling
Periods of significance
1800-1824; 1750-1799; 1825-1849
Significant years
1818; 1755
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 1
Contributing sites: 1

Tags 

19th Century (37,760)
Built 1818 (113)
Built during 1810s (1,401)
District (10,504)
Garrett County, Maryland (22)
Grantsville, Maryland (4)
Hotel (2,684)
Maryland (1,785)
Private owner (54,398)
Stone (26,160)

Update Log 

  • July 5, 2016: Updated by Jim Allen: refined coordinates
  • July 5, 2016: New photos from Jim Allen

Sources