Goliad County Courthouse Historic District

Roughly bounded by E. Franklin, S. Washington, E. Fannin, and S. Chilton Sts., Goliad, Texas

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 29, 1976
Reference number
76002034
Architectural styles
Victorian: Second Empire; Other architectural type; Victorian
Areas of significance
Politics/Government; Architecture; Social History
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Courthouse; Hotel; Single dwelling; Specialty store; Fire station; Financial institution
Current functions
Museum; Single dwelling; Hotel; Specialty store; Courthouse; Financial institution
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 12

Tags 

Alfred Giles (12)
District (10,142)
Goliad County, Texas (11)
Goliad, Texas (9)
Limestone (8,192)
Second Empire (1,044)
Stone (26,162)
Texas (3,573)
Victorian (19,690)

Sources