East Saginaw Historic Business District

Roughly bounded by Federal, N. Water, N. Washington and N. Franklin Sts., Saginaw, Michigan

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 9, 1982
Reference number
82002867
Architectural styles
American Movement: Chicago; Victorian; Modern Movement: Art Deco
Areas of significance
Industry; Commerce; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction; B - Person
Property type
District
Historic functions
Hotel; Civic
Current functions
Civic; Multiple dwelling
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 16

Tags 

American Movement (6,254)
Art Deco (1,240)
Brick (42,462)
Center Saginaw MRA (23)
Chicago (382)
District (10,490)
Michigan (1,936)
Modern Movement (2,570)
Private owner (54,398)
Saginaw County, Michigan (39)
Saginaw, Michigan (29)
Stone (26,160)
Victorian (19,698)

Sources