Saginaw City Historic Business District

Roughly bounded by Saginaw River, S. Michigan, Cleveland and Van Buren Aves., Saginaw, Michigan

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 9, 1982
Reference number
82002876
Architectural styles
American Movement: Chicago; Victorian: Italianate; Victorian: Queen Anne
Areas of significance
Industry; Commerce; Exploration/Settlement; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction; B - Person
Property type
District
Historic functions
Water-related; Warehouse
Current functions
Public works; Water-related; Warehouse
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 71
Non-contributing buildings: 15

Tags 

American Movement (6,254)
Brick (42,462)
Center Saginaw MRA (23)
Chicago (382)
District (10,528)
Italianate (5,114)
Michigan (1,955)
Private owner (54,398)
Queen Anne (5,131)
Saginaw County, Michigan (39)
Saginaw, Michigan (29)
Stone (26,160)
Victorian (19,698)

Sources