McKinney Commercial Historic District

Roughly bounded by Herndon, Wood, Cloyd, Davis, Louisiana, MacDonald, and Virginia Sts., McKinney, Texas

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 10, 1983
Reference number
83003132
Architectural styles
American Movement: Early Commercial; Victorian: Italianate; Other architectural type; Art Deco
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Courthouse; Warehouse; Financial institution; Business
Current functions
Department store; Business; Specialty store; Courthouse
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1925-1949
Significant years
1874; 1932
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 62
Non-contributing buildings: 37

Tags 

19th Century (36,350)
American Movement (6,254)
Brick (42,457)
Built 1874 (398)
Built during 1870s (4,810)
Collin County, Texas (66)
District (10,142)
Early Commercial (952)
Italianate (5,025)
McKinney, Texas (57)
Stucco (7,816)
Texas (3,573)
Tin (2,648)
Victorian (19,690)

Sources