Williams Historic Business District

Roughly bounded by Grant and Railroad Aves., and 1st and 4th Sts., Williams, Arizona

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 20, 1984
Reference number
84000436
Architectural styles
Other architectural type; Victorian: Romanesque; Victorian Commercial
Areas of significance
Commerce; Transportation; Entertainment/Recreation; Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Department store; Hotel; Restaurant; Warehouse
Current functions
Business; Restaurant; Warehouse
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1925-1949
Significant years
1890; 1939
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 44
Non-contributing buildings: 11

Tags 

19th Century (37,425)
Arizona (1,500)
Brick (42,462)
Built 1890 (930)
Built during 1890s (7,517)
Coconino County, Arizona (198)
District (10,353)
Private owner (54,396)
Romanesque (2,716)
Sandstone (4,861)
Stone (26,161)
Victorian (19,697)
Williams, Arizona (11)

Sources