Residential neighborhood with a wide variety of architectural styles
The land rises near the north, end of the street giving an excellent view of the variety of houses in the area, most of which are two story frame residences, well-maintained, and of a substantial but not large size. The south part of the original plat was developed with a mix of residences, warehouses and the railroad and a lumberyard. This same mix is still evident in this area with an added industry, a creamery, and newer business buildings.
The Park Street Historic District contains a variety of residential styles ranging from the c. 1877 vernacular Seeley house at 502 North Park Street to the Queen Anne house at 325 Third Street to the 1924 Colonial Revival Edmund Huebing house at 404 North Park Street. Non-residential architecture in the district is highlighted by the Gothic Revival Presbyterian Church (1906) at 148 North Park Street and St. Peters Lutheran Church (1908) at 345 North Pine Street. Both buildings; sit on opposite corners of the City Park and add to the architectural character of the district. At the northern border of the district is the 1932 Reedsburg Municipal Hospital, a two story Georgian Revival building which helps delineate the district boundary. All of the buildings in the district present an architecturally significant streetscape within the context of the city. Overall, a high degree of integrity has been maintained.
~Excerpted from National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination Form.