South Lake Morton Historic District

Bounded by Lake Morton Dr. and Palmetto St., Ingraham and Johnson Aves., McDonald and Balmar Sts., and Tennessee Ave., Lakeland, Florida

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 20, 1985
Reference number
85002900
Architectural styles
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival; American Movement: Bungalow/Craftsman; Other architectural type; Mediterranean Revival
Areas of significance
Community Planning and Development; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Single dwelling
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1925-1949
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 557
Non-contributing buildings: 203

Sources