Historical MarkerWASHINGTON AVENUE HISTORIC DISTRICT
Even before Cedarburg incorporated in 1885, the community thrived with mills, shops, hotels, churches and residences, many of which remain in Cedarburgs commercial center as part of the Washington Avenue Historic District. The District is anchored on the south by St. Francis Borgia Catholic and on the north by the Woolen Mill, extending about five blocks and including over 100 properties. On January 17, 1986, the Washington Avenue Historic District was listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2010