Pulaski Historic Commercial District

Roughly bounded by Third St., Madison Ave., Norfolk & Western RR tracks, and Randolph Ave., Pulaski, Virginia

Photos 

Pulaski County Administration Building

Opened in 1916 as a high school, became an administration building in 1974.

Photo taken by Jim Allen in May 2016

Enlarge

Map 

Street Views 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 13, 1986
Reference number
86000405
Architectural styles
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Colonial Revival; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Tudor Revival
Areas of significance
Industry; Commerce; Politics/Government; Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic function
Single dwelling
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899
Significant years
1886; 1888
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 78
Contributing sites: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 22

Update Log 

  • October 3, 2016: New Street View added by Michael Miller
  • May 23, 2016: New photos from Jim Allen
  • May 21, 2016: New photo from Jim Allen

Related landmarks 

Sources